Homemade meatballs are so easy to make and they are even easier to use. A lot of my favorite meals use these meatballs in them, so it’s awesome to be able to prep them in the beginning of the week and have them ready to go for a meal or two. It makes dinner fast and easy!
These are also really versatile. You can use pretty much any kind of ground meat for them! I love using beef and turkey depending on the meal. Turkey is leaner, so we do tend to use turkey more than beef, but beef is definitely tastier (in my opinion).
Another great thing about these homemade meatballs is that they are freezer friendly, so you could make a bunch and then just freeze them to use as you go. They are much healthier than frozen meatballs and you know what all is going in them, so it’s definitely a win in my book.
Some of my favorite meals to use these homemade meatballs in are spaghetti and meatballs, meatball subs, turkey meatball and kale soup, etc.
- 1 pound of ground meat (I love using turkey or ground beef, but you can use anything)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl
- Shape them into balls that are just a bit smaller than a normal sized golf ball.
- Place them on a sheet pan (I cover mine in foil to make the clean up easy)
- Cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Freeze, add to a meal, or save in the fridge to use throughout the week!