This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheHoliday #CollectiveBias
Something about the holiday season always puts me in the mood to make others happy, and give. We moved into our new home a few months ago, and wanted to come up with a fun way to spread the holiday cheer to all of our new neighbors, so we decided to make one of my favorite cookie recipes!!
We made our grocery list and headed over to our local Walmart to pick everything up. First, we started shopping for the actual cookie ingredients. This was easy because we had almost everything at home already, we just had to pick up some macadamia nuts, and white chocolate chips!
Next, we searched for containers to put our cookies in and ribbon to decorate them with. Last year, I brought some avocado deviled eggs to a party, and found these amazing Holiday Rubbermaid TakeAlongs. I knew they would be the perfect addition for our cookies, so I tracked them down in Walmart to use. They are great because they are so festive and sturdy! They come in limited edition red, green and prints for the holidays if you shop between 10/29-12/24. Not only are they fun and colorful, but they also have a Quik Clik Seal™ which keeps them secure and helps prevents spills. The top lid has a tight seal along the top of the container, yet it also has a large tab to make opening really easy. This was really important to us because we were delivering our cookies in the rain, so a tight seal was extremely necessary! The best part about Rubbermaid TakeAlongs is that they are microwavable, dishwasher and freezer safe! I don’t know about you, but this is how I shop for any kitchen item. If it can’t go in my dishwasher, it isn’t coming in my kitchen. ;)
When we got home, we started baking! We ended up making about 100 cookies in total for our neighbors, which took just about all day. It was so much fun! When we delivered them, all of our neighbors were so thankful, and excited. I definitely recommend gifting your neighbors randomly if you haven’t before. It was such an awesome experience! Today, I want to share with you the recipe that I baked for all of my neighbors. This cookie recipe is perfect for the holidays, and one that many do not automatically think about when making a Christmas cookie. I think you will love it!
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A dash of almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Add your flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in to your mixer. Give it a good stir to make sure it is all mixed together.
- Add all of your liquids in and mix it up, making sure there are no dry ingredients at the bottom of your bowl.
- Once everything is mixed together, add your white chocolate chips, cranberries and macadamia nuts. Mix everything together.
- On a greased baking sheet, create small balls of cookie dough. I use an ice cream scoop to make it easier!
- Bake your cookies for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Have you ever gifted your neighbors with a holiday gift? For more great holiday inspiration, click here!