Happy May! My favorite month is finally here and I’m thrilled. So sorry I haven’t been posting much lately - you can still follow along with me on Snapchat (lexrose5) and Instagram! Ian and I are going through a bunch of major changes right now, and I just really don’t have much time to write, BUT I promise as soon as we figure some stuff out, I will be posting more than ever because I do have a lot of content to go out for you guys. Just stick with me through this weird phase! :)
This month was so much fun! I accomplished some of my goals, we celebrated a friends wedding & the end of tax season, and we started going to the farmers market each weekend (it was hard to do that during tax season). We also decided that we are going to try to buy a house in the next few months, so this is what has been taking up most of our time. Trying to get pre-qualified for a loan, figuring out a location we would like to live in, looking at houses, and figuring out some of the details that go along with all of that is HARD work, and really stressful, BUT we have narrowed down an area that we are looking in. It’s still a pretty big area, but that’s a start! YAY!
For my goals - we celebrated the end of tax season, and my grandma’s 90th birthday which was so much fun, I grew my Instagram to 3,500 (but then it went down like it always does. Y’all, when you are growing your social media accounts, don’t be scared when you lose followers. It happens EVERY DAY, but if you are growing a genuine following, you will always gain them back plus more)! I am at 3491 right now, so it is still a growth either way, and I am sure it will go back up to 3500 in no time. I read two books, got my hair cut (ugh), made veggies a HUGE part of my diet - we have been having veggie plates at least once a week now, and I have been drinking more water. SUPER proud of myself this month!!
April in pictures:
Ian survived his second busy season and I survived walking in these babies all night. Plus, is it really an after party without gangsta glasses, wine and puppy kisses? I think not.
Our beloved rental house that we’ve been in for 4 1/2 years is officially on the market, and we have started the process of buying our first home. Stressful, but it will be worth it in the end!
My Grandma turned 90, and she rocked her crown and champagne balloon at dinner.
We’ve been hanging out on the square A LOT lately. Taste of Marietta was a success, we’ve been walking to the farmers market each weekend, and look at some of the amazing fruits and veggies we got!
Congratulations to these newlyweds! We loved celebrating with you.
Proof that I got to 3500 ;)
Like I mentioned above, I am SO excited that it is May. We have so much to look forward to this month, and I cannot wait to share it with all of you.
My goals this month are:
1. Finish getting pre-qualified for a home loan! (Shoutout to Erika Eubank with Freedom Mortgage) - if you’re in the Atlanta area, definitely use Erika. She is the best!
2. Celebrate Ian’s graduation!!!!
3. Celebrate my birthday (May 26) <3
4. Drive around the areas we are looking in for a home and try to narrow it down even more.
5. Blog at least twice a week.
6. Gain more followers on Snapchat (lexrose5) - but don’t follow me if you don’t like tons of dog, food, wine, or videos/pictures with the filters (especially when I drink). Haha!
7. Celebrate Mother’s Day.
8. Spend more fun times with family and friends.
9. Hopefully go to Matilda’s opening day (it is still up in the air because of work).
10. Step up on my FitBit game. I constantly forget to charge my FitBit, so I never record a lot of my steps. This week, I’m in a steps competition with a bunch of fellow bloggers and I am so excited about it. Hopefully I can remember to charge it...